Friday, June 1, 2012

Candy Castle Keep


Lolly sits in the keep of Candy Castle with her candies-in-waiting. On the other side of the keep, Queen Frostine drinks chocolate milk from a long-stemmed glass. A stern-faced gingerbread man stands beside her with a jug of Moo Milk. She calls to Lolly.

QUEEN
Come here, my little crumpet. (To the gingerbread man) Pour another glass.
LOLLY
(She goes to the queen)Yes, my lady?
QUEEN
Sit down. Have a drink.
LOLLY
I’m… not thirsty.
QUEEN
If you were thirsty, I wouldn’t have offered you milk. Drink.
LOLLY
(Takes a glass from the gingerbread man) Thank you.
QUEEN
I would rather face one thousand armies then be trapped in Candy Castle with these trembling truffles.
LOLLY
But the candies-in-waiting are under your protection!
QUEEN
I’m just doing what is expected of me. I can’t just let them melt in the heat of the battle. You will have to live up to certain expectations, too, if you marry King Jellybean. (She guzzles the rest of the chocolate milk and hands the glass to the gingerbread man) If my little brother somehow manages to win the battle, the kingdom will sing songs of my inspiring bravery.
LOLLY
But what if Candy Castle falls?
QUEEN
You would like that, wouldn’t you? If anyone but Lord Starburst were attacking us, I would appeal to his natural cravings, so to speak. Are you shocked, my little crumpet? Here’s some advice: the best weapon is your creamy center. (To the gingerbread man) Pour Lady Lolly another drink. (To Lolly) If Candy Castle falls, we’re in for a bit of a rape. When those Wonderballs roll in from battle, even the stalest morsel looks sweet. Why, you’ll look just like a slice of cake. You can be sure that there will be a special prize hidden inside of each of these ladies by morning. Then you’ll be glad for your cordial cherry filling.

Lolly takes a glass of chocolate milk from the gingerbread man and gulps it down in one shot.

You can read the epic conclusion of the battle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment