Friday, June 25, 2010

One Month: Revival of Dead Plant Short-Lived, Indeed


I have been stalling the writing process for a few days to avoid showing what the terrarium actually looks like right now. Both plants were growing at an alarming rate and the leaf shapes looked perfectly alien. Right when I was getting excited and hoping to see some teeth soon, I left it outside in the sun to photosynthesize on Monday. Plants need to photosynthesize, right?
It appears that the recently resurrected plant has spontaneously combusted, whereas the other plant seems to have been seared by a small, contained forest fire. I watered it promptly and moved it back inside, vowing never to leave the terrarium outside in the sun while I go to work again. Next time I will leave it with a sitter.
I do not foresee a second resurrection in the future for my dearly departed carnivorous plant. I discovered a frosty white mold blanketing what is left of it tonight. If it returns now, it will be in the form of a fly-eating zombie.
I suppose I’ll have to find something else to write about if the other plant decomposes with it. The avocado pits are moldy. The strawberries are brown. I only have so much to say about these pleasantly striated onions.


Originally I planned to write about my adventures in Prague, but I have a while before the time comes to venture over the big blue puddle. What to do, what to do….


No comments:

Post a Comment