It’s summer! Time to take off your ski mask and let your face shine. Here are some of my favorite simple skincare recipes to make your skin glow.
1 half ripened avocado
- Remove the dark skin of the avocado to free its slimy, green interior.
- Apply a dollop of avocado flesh to your own flesh in a gentle circling motion.
- Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a bowl of Blue Corn Tostitos.
Egg White Mask
1 egg white
- Beat egg until frothy.
- Apply to T-zone with your fingertips in a gentle circling motion.
- Fry on a seasoned cast iron pan at low heat for best results.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with crumbled feta and basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Pumpkin Face Mask
2 teaspoons cooked or canned pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon of milk
For Dry Skin:
¼ teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Gently apply to face, avoiding the eye area.
- Insert face into preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream and optional coffee to top off a filling holiday meal.